$350 | 1 Hour with 2 Consultants
After thoroughly reviewing your student's academic records, our team of college consultants will meet with you and your student to discuss the college planning process. This one-hour consultation is an excellent opportunity to answer questions specific to your child and to clarify future college planning needs. You'll provide current high school transcripts and test scores prior to this meeting.
Each consultation is unique to the student but will, in general, include these services:
- Provide an overview of the college admissions and application process
- Conduct thorough academic review
- Check transcript for accuracy, utilizing our exclusive GPA Calculator
- Compare grades and test scores to school profiles of a variety of schools
- Begin an early discussion of college list
- Discuss course selections and extracurricular activities
Comprehensive College Planning
$5,950 Base Price | The initial consulting fee will be applied toward this package.
After an initial consultation, we offer a comprehensive college planning package that can start at any point in high school and continues through the college application process.
All rising seniors participate in our Writing Workshop in preparation for college application essays. During this three-hour program, students will gain an understanding of the purpose of the essay and what college admissions officers seek in applicant writing.
The Writing Workshop features a presentation by Ms. Joann Polley, former Professor of Academic Writing and current grader of essays for The College Board.
In follow-up sessions with the student’s college consultant, the student refines topics and themes and develops strategies for the personal statement and supplemental essays.
Each student's situation and goals are unique, so the services we provide during this series of sessions varies. Here is a range of other services that may apply for your student:
- Provide comprehensive academic and personal interest evaluation
- Provide curricular and extracurricular guidance
- Assist with summer activity planning and resume building
- Develop standardized testing strategies and timeline
- Analyze unique talents, circumstances, and experiences influencing college choices
- Provide summary emails after each session to both student and parent(s)
- Develop a unique college list of best-match colleges
- Provide comprehensive essay preparation support
- Manage college application requirements and deadlines
- Assist and review up to eight student-prepared applications
- Identify potential institutional, corporate and organizational awards
- Review the financial aid process with parents
- Advise on final college decision
The GuidedPath System
Winter Park College Consultants utilizes GuidedPath, a powerful, student centered system designed to empower and engage students and families in the college planning conversation. Find best-fit colleges based on academic, social, and financial factors while staying organized and in control. GuidedPath helps streamline college planning everything you need, all in one place.
The following services have limited availability.
Flexible payment plans are available. Payments may be made by check or credit card. Prices effective January 1, 2019.